Marietta Square

I recently visited Marietta, Georgia's Square. It's been years since I visited. After all, I moved away from that side of metropolitan Atlanta in the early 1990s. When I returned I was surprised to see the historic district festooned with shops and restaurants. After strolling through a recent art show, I settled on eating at Blu Greek Taverna. This is Greek cuisine at its best. After dining on a scrumptious grilled veggie kebab or "souvlakia" with mouth-watering rice and an olive-topped yogurt, I ventured to a cute wine shop, the Marietta Wine Market . The owners were smart to keep this place open during the art show because wine lovers like me look for places like this. As I was sipping an affordable glass of red, I was greeted by the shop's dog, Bentley. The cheese isn't too shabby either. After strolling through antique shops and the excellent clothing store, Pendleton, I was impressed.

Comments

Most viewed

Condos. Cutting-edge restaurants. Trendy shopping.

Take time out for Virginia’s Shenandoah region

Flashback: Billy Joel's Sax Player (Mark Rivera profile-March 2007)