Early August Weekend

This weekend was a whirlwind. We took a quick day trip up to Chattanooga and check out its south side area. Unlike Atlanta, Chattanooga is revitalizing old buildings. The area is now beginning to offer cool shops and lofts.

When we were returning to the ATL, we were greeted by some nasty weather on the horizon. We followed the big storm down I-75. When we got to the area, we heard about huge oak trees that fell and knocked out power to thousands of Georgia Power customers.

On Sunday morning, I was surprised by the appearance of my last column for the AJC Gwinnett. The section will be gone after next week. In the future I might contribute to the main section. Note to Big Brother, I'll always write about local issues so I can avoid so-called "conflicts." No worries: I don't have an axe to grind with your or the president. As one can tell, I'm getting into the county issues. Hmmm, I'm wondering if I ought to join the planning commission.

Comments

Most viewed

Condos. Cutting-edge restaurants. Trendy shopping.

Take time out for Virginia’s Shenandoah region

Flashback: Billy Joel's Sax Player (Mark Rivera profile-March 2007)