Remembering peace and love

Twitter

I didn't know about John Lennon's murder until the morning after the tragedy took place. That was a school night for me at the time. Indeed I knew John Lennon was a Beatle, but I wasn't familiar with his solo work. I knew about "Whatever Gets You Through The Night," "Imagine," and "Instant Karma." I recall hearing the Double Fantasy singles, but didn't really put two and two together at that time. Like many millions, I quickly became familiar with his solo years.

Forty years later, I am even more disappointed that Lennon's life was cut short. He would have been a great advocate for many causes as well as continuing on a spectacular musical journey. So, on this December 8, remember peace, love and John Lennon. 

Comments

Most viewed

Condos. Cutting-edge restaurants. Trendy shopping.

Take time out for Virginia’s Shenandoah region

Flashback: Billy Joel's Sax Player (Mark Rivera profile-March 2007)