Little Rock -- Day One aka "LR"

I just arrived in Little Rock on this rather hot and muggy day. The temperature is about the same as Atlanta. There is a breeze which makes it feel like the back end of an air conditioner unit.

My American Eagle flight arrived without hassle into LR's aiport. The kind folks at the Convention and Visitor's Bureau had everything worked out. I was quickly whisked into downtown via limo service.

LR is similar to the ATL in its look. Many downtown buildings are boarded up, but the difference here is that the city fathers are on the ground floor with a major renovation. I wish I could say the same for the ATL. OK, we do have some bright spots in ATL's downtown even with the reminder of March's tornado, but LR is off and running. I really think I'm going to enjoy my week here.

In other news, please visit my main Men's Traveler site which is now up and running. After this trip, I will definitely have more material.

Please visit:

http://menstraveler.com

Comments

Most viewed

Condos. Cutting-edge restaurants. Trendy shopping.

Take time out for Virginia’s Shenandoah region

Flashback: Billy Joel's Sax Player (Mark Rivera profile-March 2007)