The MARTA Chronicles

From time to time, I ride Atlanta's rail transit. This morning was the first time I got on since my Little Rock trip in June 2008 (I took MARTA to the airport). I'm writing this short post because a fellow rider recently wrote an opinion editorial in Atlanta's newspaper -- The Atlanta Journal Constitution -- about how the system failed her one day. Yes, in my 19 years here, it has happened to me on a few occasions, but for the most part, MARTA saves me on gas and frustration.

This morning I had the opportunity to finish David Sedaris' new book When You Are Engulfed In Flames. I'm bringing this book up in the travel blog because Sedaris not only does a great job at hilarious storytelling, but he brings up descriptions of locations including Paris and Tokyo. After readingWhen You Are Engulfed In Flames, I seriously need to get to Tokyo and even Hiroshima! If you want an excellent summer read, pick up this new volume.

Comments

Oliver Jones said…

I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one today. gmail email login

Most viewed

Condos. Cutting-edge restaurants. Trendy shopping.

Take time out for Virginia’s Shenandoah region

Flashback: Billy Joel's Sax Player (Mark Rivera profile-March 2007)